Last Updated on November 10, 2022 by E.Pery
The most winsome thing about counter-depth refrigerators is their aesthetic appeal. These refrigerators don’t stick out beyond the counters and cabinets. They give your kitchen a sleek and streamlined look similar to that of an in-built refrigerator.
Counter-depth refrigerators stand flush with the rest of your furniture. Since they have limited depth compared to other types of refrigerators, counter depths tend to be wider and taller, so you don’t have to compromise on either space or aesthetics.
A counter-depth refrigerator is ideal for you if you have an apartment-sized kitchen because it will not obstruct your kitchen paths when the fridge door is open. It is also a good choice if you want your kitchen to have a built-in look without spending too much money on renovations or a complete kitchen makeover.
Below is a list of Top counter depth refrigerators in February, 2023 and a guide to help you choose a fridge that will best suit your needs.
When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission — Learn more >
Top 5 counter-depth refrigerators for 2023
- Frigidaire Gallery FG4H2272UF
- LG Electronics LFCC22426S
- Samsung RF23M8570SG
- LG Electronics LSXC22396S
- Frigidaire GRSS2352AF Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator
1. Frigidaire Gallery FG4H2272UF
The Frigidaire Gallery FG4H2272UF is one of those refrigerators that have everything you may need in a fridge, from excellent cooling performance to impressive space and a sleek finish.
Recommended reading: Refrigerator Not Cooling?
Although getting a counter-depth refrigerator could feel like you are compromising on storage capacity, this counter-depth fridge’s shallower profile sits flush with your cabinetry while making every available foot of space count.
It offers you several storage options, such as the Custom-Flex Temp drawer that allows you to keep selected food items at an ideal temperature. The separate drawer has a temperature range of between 6 to 45 degrees, giving you the flexibility to store different foods and retract them without opening the whole refrigerator.
The fridge also has a retractable flip-up shelf that allows you to fit more oversized items like pitchers, milk cans, water bottles, and bottles of wine. You can also use the snack compartment below the crisper drawers as additional storage for your fruit and vegetable salads or preps.
Another fantastic feature of this appliance is that you can use the lowest section of the refrigerator as freezer space for your turkey and leftover chicken or as a fridge to keep your deli fresh. The ice maker and water dispenser are tall enough for your large water bottles, and they quick-freeze chills foods faster than other refrigerators.
Recommended reading: How Long Can A Thawed Turkey Stay In The Fridge?
Additionally, this 21.8 cubic foot counter-depth fridge is relatively easy to clean. It has a smudge-free stainless steel finish that is fingerprint-proof, so you won’t have to clean it daily like you would a white or black finish. It is also energy certified, so your energy usage is kept at a minimum all year long.
Recommended reading: How To Clean A Refrigerator?
- Maintains consistent low temperatures
- It gives flexible and organized storage spaces
- Humidity controlled drawers
- Tall water and ice dispenser
- Energy-star certified
The ice and water dispenser takes up storage space.
|1||Frigidaire Gallery GRMC2273BF 21.5 Cu. Ft. Stainless Counter Depth 4-Door French Door Refrigerator||$2,499.00||View On Amazon|
2. LG Electronics LFCC22426S
The LG Electronics LFCC22426S is a 23 cubic feet fridge that combines style and innovative features at a mid-range price. Its smart compatibility feature allows you to pair it with Google Assistant to do grocery shopping based on data collected by the fridge in real time.
This smart feature also creates expiry date notifications, looks up recipes, and uploads photos you could use to prep dinner or a quick meal in the morning.
It offers you over 16 cubic feet of refrigerator space and about 7.3 freezer space that can hold a week’s worth of food for your family of four. You can keep your fruits and vegetables fresh in the crispy drawers, water bottles, condiments in the gallon door storage, and your weekly meal preps on the four adjustable glass shelves.
Although this refrigerator doesn’t have a water dispenser and its ice maker is relatively slow, it is budget-friendly, operates very silently, and keeps the temperatures optimal, so your food does not freeze before you use it.
It also has smart pull handle engineering that makes the door relatively light to pull open and reduces wear and tear as it shuts.
- Smart home compatible
- Pull handle engineering
- Plenty of storage options
- The ice maker is slow
- Has no water or ice dispenser
|1||LG LFXC22526S 24 Cu. Ft. Stainless Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator||$2,899.97 $2,649.00||View On Amazon|
3. Samsung RF23M8570SG
If you have a smart home, then you will love the Samsung RF23M8570SG. This 22 cubic feet counter depth 4 French door refrigerator is a smart family hub that connects your whole family any time, all time.
Samsung RF23M8570SG’s smart features allow you to play music on Spotify as you prepare dinner for your family, manage calendars and track expiry dates of foods like chicken to prevent food poisoning due to spoilage.
This refrigerator also keeps your family connected by sharing and keeping photos you took while preparing dinner or having dinner together as a family.
With its Family Hub, you can manage your family’s calendars, play music on Spotify, share pictures and stay connected. Say goodbye to sticky notes and magnets, thanks to Family Board, a digital bulletin board. With it, you can customize photos, add stickers and leave handwritten notes for your family.
This refrigerator also has an InstaView feature on the door that allows you to evaluate your stock without opening the door, which often lets in warm air and changes the fridge’s temperature settings.
If you are a busy mom, you will love the touch screen feature on the door because it allows you to make and leave notes on meal preps or recipes they could try out in case you get late in the evening after work. This ensures that your family shares healthy homemade food every day, even in your absence.
The refrigerator also allows you to integrate the fridge with other smart appliances in your home, making it easy to coordinate everything from the SmartThings app anywhere around the house.
Besides the smart features, this French door counter depth refrigerator has a fingerprint-resistant stainless steel finish, so if you are a working mother of small children, you don’t need to include a daily cleaning routine for your fridge every morning.
Other impressive features include adjustable shelves in the refrigerator compartment, gallon door storage for large items, an ice and water dispenser, a child lock that keeps the children off the fridge, and a door alarm that goes off when the fridge door is left open.
The icing on the cake is that the refrigerator is energy star certified and saves you about 79 dollars worth of energy bills annually.
- Smarthome compatibility and technological features
- Three built-in interior cameras
- Energy-star certified
- Sleek appearance
|1||SAMSUNG RF18A5101SR 18 Cu. Ft. Smart Counter Depth 3-Door French Door Refrigerator - Stainless Steel||$1,498.10||View On Amazon|
4. LG Electronics LSXC22396S
The LG Electronics LSXC22396S is our pick for the best door-in-door counter-depth refrigerator. This 21.7 cubic feet side-by-side fridge not only has an attractive outward appearance but also has smart capabilities and features that make it quite suitable for your contemporary kitchen.
Some of the features that make this fridge eye-catching include an InstaView window that allows you to see the content of your fridge without opening the refrigerator door.
Minimizing the amount of cold air escaping from the refrigerator prolongs the fridge’s lifespan and keeps your food fresh for a long time. If your fridge is messy because it has been a busy and rough week for you, you can tap on the tinted panel to conceal the mess until your next clean-up.
You can choose to have this counter-depth fridge door in a stainless steel finish. But if you prefer a darker color to match the design of your cabinets, a fridge with a trendy black stainless steel finish will bring out that visual appeal perfectly.
The refrigerator also has LED panels on the rear part of the refrigerator. They provide you with adequate interior lighting that is more energy-efficient compared to traditional bulbs. Its storage bins are flexible.
Their ability to smoothly glide up and down allows you to fit foodstuffs and drinks in an organized manner according to your storage needs. You can also fit a pitcher under the ice and water dispenser because it is pretty tall.
Recommended reading: How To Organize Refrigerator [In 11 Simple Steps]
- Wi-Fi capability
- InstaView feature
- Large capacity
- Multi-flow air vent
- No air filter in the drawers
|1||LG LFXC22526S 24 Cu. Ft. Stainless Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator||$2,899.97 $2,649.00||View On Amazon|
5. Frigidaire GRSS2352AF Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator
The Frigidaire GRSS2352AF Gallery is a 22.3 cubic feet side-by-side refrigerator that maximizes looks and price. It is a stylish counter-depth fridge with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish that is easy to clean and maintain.
Some of the features that call attention include a deli drawer and humidity-controlled drawers with air filtration capabilities. These drawers not only filter the air but also seal the drawers to lock out any foul air from the rest of the fridge, keeping your fresh vegetables and fruits crisp and firm until usage.
Another exciting feature is the vertical storage in the freezer next to the ice maker, which is perfect for a bottle or two of Limeade slush and grapefruit slush cocktails or frozen Blue Daiquiri if you like having cool drinks.
The freezer section has clear plastic drawers that enable you to organize your food items rather than pile them up in corners that you never find until the next general cleaning of the fridge.
The adjustable shelves in the refrigerator section are spill-proof. The interior is brightly illuminated by LED multilevel lighting, ensuring no fridge area is cast in the shadows.
These features are complemented by a pure source filtration system that filters the water and gives it a good taste and an LED door display that allows you to select custom options for your fridge.
- Crisper drawers that have an air filtration system
- LED multilevel lighting
- flexible organization
- Smart home compatibility.
If you don’t keep tall items in the freezer, vertical storage may not be used.
5 things to consider when choosing a counter-depth refrigerator
- Storage Capacity
- Available Space
- Level Of Noise
- Ice And Water Dispensers
- Types Of Counter-Depth Refrigerators
The best thing about getting a counter-depth refrigerator is that you can get any refrigerator you want and still enjoy the visual appeal of a fridge that stands flush with your cabinets.
But before you get a side-by-side or French door counter depth fridge, consider the size of your family, as this dictates the amount of storage counter depths capacity you need and the reliability of the appliance cause counter depths are expensive. You want to get the best fridge at the best price.
Recommended reading: How To Choose The Best Apartment-Size Refrigerator?
Below are a few things you need to keep in mind when shopping for a counter-depth refrigerator. The following guide will help you decide which refrigerator will work best for you.
1. Storage Capacity
One major setback about having a counter depth refrigerator if you have a large family is that counter depths have a smaller storage capacity due to reduced depths.
So it would be best if you considered which feature is more important for your family between aesthetic and storage capacity. If this question does not put you in a dilemma, you can enjoy adequate storage and get a seamless look for your kitchen.
But even if you have a slightly bigger family, say a family of five, you could still get a counter-depth refrigerator with adequate storage space. However, it will have to be wider and taller than other types of refrigerators. So you need to ensure that the area you have designated for your fridge is spacious enough to fit it.
The great advantage of the counter depths over the standard refrigerator types is that you do not need to dig out stuff you buried in the freezer months ago. Everything is in a good range for close monitoring.
2. Available Space
Another essential factor to consider is the space available for fitting. Getting your fridge home is already a hustle by itself, so nothing could be more frustrating than getting your new fridge home only to realize that it is half an inch taller or wide than the space available. So you have to take it back or renovate your kitchen.
To avoid this disappointing situation, you need to measure the available kitchen space, including the depth when the refrigerator doors are open and closed. It would be best to also account for cabinet trims and floor molding when taking measurements because these also take up a bit of floor space.
Do not be share to go shopping with the tape measure that has your floor space markings. It can save you a lot of time and money. Manufacturers often take into account the need for air circulation in their fridge dimensions. However, you need to take this into account nonetheless.
3. Level of Noise
Working at home has become an attractive alternative to working every day; having a refrigerator that operates with a low noise level is a great fortune. When working from home, you need a working environment with a noise level of about 40 decibels.
It is good to consider fridge models with a noise range of between 38-47 decibels when shopping. Sometimes, the noise levels noted by the refrigerator in the manual do not always match the fridge’s noise.
So the best way to find out the level of noise of a refrigerator is to go through buyer reviews and comments about the model you want.
The buyer reviews will help you determine whether the compressor makes noise when turned on or insulated to mute the noise. Although the noise level is subjective, it is not hard to eliminate customers’ refrigerator models pointed out as noisy.
4. Ice and Water Dispensers
Long gone are days when having a refrigerator with an ice maker and a water dispenser was a luxury. Today, most refrigerators have these features. Customers are not satisfied with a fridge without them unless they get a refrigerator for additional storage space and don’t need an extra icemaker or dispenser.
So when getting a counter depth model, compensate your loss of space with a unit with a water and ice dispenser, water filtration systems that give you a constant supply of fresh water, and crushed or cubed ice.
Suppose you have a constant supply of fresh water from the kitchen faucet. In that case, you can get a counter-depth refrigerator that you can connect to a water filtration system instead of getting a fridge with an ice maker. Keep in mind that ice makers take up refrigeration space and cause more fridge repairs than any other feature in the refrigerator.
5. Types of counter-depth refrigerators
You can get a counter-depth refrigerator in various styles. It is up to you to choose the one that best fits your needs.
1. Side-by-side refrigerator
As the name suggests, this type of fridge has two sections the refrigerator and freezer compartment separated in the middle and each with a separate door.
The refrigerator compartment is on the right side, while the freezer compartment is on the left side. This refrigerator type is best suited for people who value their freezer space as much as their fridge space.
Recommended reading: Best Side-By-Side Refrigerator [Top 5 Reviews]
Side By Side Refrigerator Deals
2. French door refrigerator
This is the most trendy refrigerator type in the market today. It has an upper section with two swing doors that open the refrigerator section from the center, and a lower section provides space to keep your frozen foods.
Most customers like this model because the refrigerator keeps all your food items at eye level, making it convenient to grab your favorite snacks without opening the door too long. The freezer compartment may have one door that opens like a drawer.
The French door fridge with four swing doors has two at the bottom of the unit for the freezer, and they swing open from the center like in the upper compartment. This model is ideal for families who keep a more significant amount of fresh food than frozen food.
Other French door refrigerators have two drawers below the refrigerator compartment, one for frequently accessed food while the other is for frozen foods. Although these options offer you versatility, they often reduce the freezer space.
Recommended reading: Best French-door Refrigerator [Top 5 Reviews] French-door Refrigerator Deals
3. Bottom Freezer
Bottom freezer refrigerators are much like the top freezers, although their refrigerator compartment is on the upper section rather than the lower one. Customers often choose this type of refrigerator over the top freezer model because it brings refrigerated food to eye level.
The downside of this fridge is that it experiences more repair needs and is less energy efficient than the top freezer refrigerator. Since it is broader than the top freezer, ensure you have enough space to swing the door open without obstruction.
Recommended reading: Best Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator [Top 5 Reviews] Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator Deals
Are Our Counter-Depth Refrigerators More Expensive?
Yes, they are in most cases. Counter-depth fridges do not have standard depth. They require to be engineered according to specific measurements for them to blend in with your kitchen design seamlessly. It also comes with other features like flexible compartments, ice makers, and water dispensers, contributing to its high cost.
Are All Counter-Depth Refrigerators The Same Depth?
Most counter-depth refrigerators have the same depth as cabinets, i.e., 24 inches deep. However, this measurement does not include the door and its handles, whose depths vary between models. So when getting a counter depth refrigerator, ensure that the door and handle depths are accounted for.
Best counter-depth refrigerator deals for February, 2023
- Counter Depth Design Creates A Sleek Built-in Look
- LED Lighting Makes Items Easy To Spot And Retrieve
- Resists Fingerprints And Smudges For A Clean Sleek Appearance
- Frigidaire FFHT1425VV 28 Inch Freestanding Top Mount Freezer Refrigerator with Integrated Handles, Field Reversible Doors, Auto-Close Doors, Crisper Drawer, EvenTemp Cooling System, Adjustable Glass Shelves, LED lighting, 13.9 cu. ft. Capacity, ADA Compliant and ENERGY STAR certified
- Width: 27 5/8" x Height: 59 7/8" x Depth: 29 3/8"
- Auto-Close Doors - Avoid spoiled food and soupy ice cream with our auto-close doors
- Energy Star Certified - Save money and maximize energy efficiency with this Energy Star-certified top-freezer refrigerator.
- ADA Compliant - With accessible shelving, and controls that are positioned within arm's reach
- 22.1 Cu. Ft. Capacity
- Counter Depth Design
- Dual Ice Maker
- SmartThinQ Technology
- 4 DOOR DESIGN: Allows you to organize and store your fresh and frozen foods to easily find what you need
- PRESERVE FRESHNESS: TwinTech dual evaporators help preserve the freshness of your refrigerated and frozen foods
- ADJUSTABLE FREEZER STORAGE: Maximize your freezer storage space, easily organize, and find frozen foods with 4 pull out freezer bins and 2 pull out freezer drawers
- DIGITAL DISPLAY: Easily adjust your refrigerator and freezer settings from the digital display control panel on the exterior refrigerator door
- 2 ADJUSTABLE GLASS SHELVES: Organize and customize your refrigerator with 2 Space Wise adjustable glass shelves
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Twin Cooling Plus
- LED Lighting
- Fingerprint Resistant Finish
- Premium French Door Refrigerator – The Koolmore Stainless-Steel Refrigerator Provides All The Storage And Accessibility You Need With A Built-In Ice Maker, Plenty Of Room For Food And Drinks, And Double Crispers With Humidity Control
- Spacious Capacity And Adjustable Shelving – At 22.5 Cu. Ft. This Refrigerator’S Clearance Lines Up With Your Kitchen Counters But Still Provides Two Large Freezer Drawers, 6 Door Bins, And Adjustable Glass Shelving For All Your Food Items. Overall Dimensions W/L/H: 35.8” X 29” X 69.10
- Modern Stainless-Steel Design – A Flat Finish With Easy-Open Handles This Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator Fits In Seamlessly With Your Other Appliances And Sits At Just The Right Height And Depth For Contemporary Kitchens
- Precision Temperature Control – Designed With A Double-Flow Cooling System And Digital Temperature Control Our Stainless-Steel Fridge Offers Equal Distribution Of Cool Temperatures To Keep Fruit, Vegetables, And Meat Fresher, Longer
- The Matte Collection by Cafe: Your unique style is found in every detail. So, why do appliances all look the same? It's time to redefine your space with appliances that deliever superior performance and can truly express your personal style. Introducing The Matte Collection by Cafe.
- Counter-Depth Design: Create a built-in look with counter-depth design that fits flush with surrounding cabinetry
- Hot Water: Steep a relaxing herbal tea or prepare light & fluffy couscous with an adjustable hot water dispenser that provides precise temperatures and measurements
- Precise Fill Setting: Leave the measuring cups in the drawer with a Precise Fill setting that dispenses an exact amount of water with just a touch
- WiFi Connect: Use your voice or smart device to preheat water from your refrigerator while you relax in another part of the house
- CrispSeal Crispers
- Enhanced Storage In A Compact Design
- EvenTemp Cooling System
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- Total Capacity: 22.5 cu. ft. Freezer Capacity: 6.61 cu. ft. Refrigerator Capacity: 15.89 cu. ft.
- Dimensions: 35.9*29*69.9 inches. Counter Depth with Automatic ice-maker
- Freezing and super cooling function, energy saving with inverter compressor
- Double Crispers for better Humidity Controller. Adjustable Shelves provide flexible Space. All gallon bins for more food storage
- Flat Finishing modern design is perfect for your home use
- Counter Depth Design - Counter depth design fits flush with countertops, providing a sleek, built-in look
- Crisper Bins - Humidity-Controlled - Humidity-Controlled Crispers help to keep fruits and veggies crisp and fresh
- Ice and Water Dispenser - The filtered Ice and Water Dispenser produces up to 6 lbs. of great-tasting filtered ice a day
- Fresh, Filtered Ice and Water - The NSF-certified Water Filter removes contaminates for clear, great tasting ice and water
- Inverter Compressor - The efficiently-designed compressor quickly responds to temperature changes so food stays fresh
- Bottom freezer design offers easier accessibility
- True frost-free operation saves you maintenance by preventing icy buildup
- Stainless steel doors with a gentle curve offer a professional look for any kitchen
- Three large door shelves ideal for keeping bottles and condiments in easy reach
- Perfectly sized with a counter depth fit for an easy fit in smaller kitchens
- Total Capacity (Cu. Ft.) 21.8, Refrigerator Capacity (Cu. Ft.) 13.4, Freezer Capacity (Cu. Ft.) 8.4
- CUSTOM-FLEX Temp drawer features 1 adjustable drawer divider
- LED lighting, Ice maker, Smudge-Proof Stainless Steel Door, ENERGY STAR certified
- 2 CrispSeal Clear/ Auto-Humidity Control drawers, Star-K Certified (Sabbath Mode)
- PureSource UltraII Ice & Water Filtration, PureAir Ultra II Air Filter
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners: Samsung
E Pery is the founder of refrigerator.deals and a webmaster. He runs his own websites and loves… refrigerators! Convinced that buying and maintaining a refrigerator is not easy, he decided to create refrigerator.deals, in order to help people make the right choices.
Refrigerator.deals is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Last update on 2023-02-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API